As you’ve gathered by now, I love art! But I’ve never been to the Cape Tattoo Expo nor do I have any tattoos! I need to up my game here as I love projects in Cape Town that support and education us about art forms and that’s exactly what the Cape Tattoo Expo does.
Already in its 6th year, the Cape Tattoo Expo will be held at Cape Town City Hall, one of my favourite venues in Cape Town. The expo has become Africa’s biggest tattoo expo due to its local and international artists who work and showcase their art at the event.
International Artists include:
- Boris Bianchi – US
- Psycho Pat – Hannya Tattoos (Bel)
- Linn Theres – Mythos Tattoos (Nor)
- Dermadonna – Dermadonna Tattoo (Hol)
- Tommy Tattoo (Tommaso Buglioni) – (Ita)
- Frank – FranknTattoo – (Ita)
- Demian Cervera – Fulcrum Tattoo (Arg)
South African artists this year include:
- Orland da Silva, Devin Gouws, Rowan Eva – Hard Rock Ink Asylum
- Jono, Dylan, – Disciples Ink
- Irish James, “Happy” Dave Noellert R, Captain Cade, Lee Herbert, Warren Petersen, Wanjuschko Velimirov – Sins of Style
- + more
There will also be the usual amount of rock n roll to accompany the event. This year the expo features The Very Wicked, Beast and Van Coke Kartel. Tickets are R50 before 9pm and R60 there after. Entrance is free for full weekend pass holders. (Day passes do not include entrance to the night festival.)
If you’d like to win a set of double tickets to the Friday night of the Cape Tatto Expo, simply:
- Join the Boring Cape Town Facebook Page and LIKE this post OR
- Follow Boring Cape Town Chick on Twitter (@BCTCBlog) and RETWEET
- Write in the comment section where you supported BCTCBlog!
- For those who do both, obviously you have a better chance of winning and are welcome to let me know in the comment section below where you shared/liked/did both.
Alternatively, buy your tickets for R100 per day or R250 for a full weekend pass of the Cape Tattoo Expo 2014 on Quicket. Join the Cape Tattoo Expo Facebook Page for further updates. The winner will be announced on Thursday.