If you follow me on Instagram you’ll know that Mr Love is pretty crazy about Lego because I’m often Instagramming his latest figurines to enter the home (we’ve just completed the Simpson’s collection). So girls, this post is for you to make your man very happy!
The World’s biggest Lego Exhibition, The Art of the Brick, is coming to South Africa via Expo24 – specialists in global travelling exhibitions. The world-renowned LEGO® art exhibit, The Art of The Brick, will be exhibited at the brand new Watershed Exhibition Centre at the V&A Waterfront in December, and will be the first “Internationally acclaimed” exhibition to take place in this space.
Proclaimed as one of the world’s 10 must-see exhibitions by CNN, The Art of The Brick shows up to seventy art sculptures created from over 1 000 000 LEGO® bricks, by US artist Nathan Sawaya. Expect his most famous work, “Yellow” as well as the T-Rex skeleton measuring over six metres in length.
Nathan Sawaya speaks of the tour to South Africa, “This country is one of the most amazing places I have been to on my travels and I am thrilled to be coming back and bringing The Art of the Brick to South Africa…Art and LEGO® transcend culture and language and speak to adult and kids’ curiosity and creative aspirations. I hope that visitors will draw inspiration and experiment with a variety of art forms.”
The exhibit has also partnered up with the JAG Foundation which will allow children in poorer communities the opportunity to play and learn with LEGO®, to visit the exhibition themselves and for children nationwide to take part in the JAGBullyProof campaign.
- Where: V&A Waterfront Watershed Exhibition Center
- When: 12th December 2014
- Tickets: R140 for adults, R95 for kids. Entry for children under 2 years is free
Keep up to date with further details on their Facebook page: and on .
Twitter by Tweeting, “Hey @BCTCBlog, please send me & my kids to the @BrickmanZA exhibition!” Ensure you follow BrickmanZA in order to be selected.
Facebook: Go to the Art of The Brick Facebook page and again tag Boring Cape Town Chick Facebook Page in a post there saying, “Hey @Boring Cape Town Chick, please send me and my kids to the @The Art of the Brick SA exhibition!” *If you don’t have kids, you’re welcome to post anything similar 🙂 You will only be able to tag me if you like the BCTCBlog FB Page.
T’s & C’s:
- Each hamper will contain a promotional copy of the full game specified in the competition, this copy is to be utilised within promotions and doesn’t feature full retail packaging.
- Merchandise items designs/colours may differ from images
- Winners can send the preferred size and PlayStation will endeavour to match, if this is not possible the closest best fit will be provided
- Winners to be contacted for physical address details and prizes to be delivered within 8 weeks of notification.