Yes! It’s the line up that’s gotten all the chins wagging since being announced on Facebook last week. Three of South Africa’s finest alternative groups will be reunited under the Assembly’s roof at the end of May for a night of pure punk pollution.
Hog Hoggidy Hog and Fuzigish, stalwarts of the South African punk/ska scene will be sandwiching “new comers” (if you can count nearly a decade in the business as newcomers) PHFat for a night of bass, punk mayhem. This ingenious line up was put up by PHFat frontman and long time punk fan, Smooth Mike.
While the Hogs have relocated to Germany, Fuzigish have been rocking Johannesburg while PHFat have been on tours to Australia and the UK. This return home gig will see all 3 bands reunited in one main event.
- Who: Hog Hoggidy Hog, Fuzigish, PHFat
- Where: The Assembly, Harrington Street, Cape Town
- When: 29th of May 2015
- Why: Because it’s time to rock the free world.
- What: R100 a tickets, phase 1 & 2 already sold out. GET MOVING! Or…
- Share this post
- Tweet me a picture of something Hog Hoggidy Hog or Fuzigish or PHFat. Whether it be a picture of them on your mobile playlist, an album, a t-shirt, an old photograph, WHATEVER! Tweet me an image and you could WIN a set of double tickets.
- If you want to comment by begging in the comment section below (sign in with Twitter/FB/e-mail), that’s fine too. Beggars have been known to be rewarded.
- Use the hashtag #HogsAreBack
DO NOT MISS THIS GIG! Good luck. The winner will be announced the week of the event. For more events at the Assembly this week, see below:
WED: See You Next Wednesday / This week we take it back to The Annex for banging night at #SYNW featuring Real Feels(PE), Forrest, A:Type VJ & Factory DJs!
SAT: Skullcandy Presents: Gateway Drugs Farewell / This Saturday, Gateway Drugs takes the stage one last time in their final farewell show supported by Tommy Gun, Sassquatch, Sexual Tension and Goldo! While this is pretty sad news, we can’t wait party one last time and celebrate the career of this truly brilliant act.