When I first heard about Tuning the Vine I can’t say that I loved the name or understood the concept. But the name definitely stuck, even if it wasn’t for the right reasons! But their new representative contacted me and made it all make sense in 10 seconds – an inner city wine route. Well why didn’t they just say so!?!
Tuning the Vine is the Mother City’s first #InnerCityWineRoute that winds from Bree Street to Wale Street and down towards Adderley street, linking some of the best spots in town including Youngblood Art and Culture Gallery, Dorrance Wine Cellar, Signal Hill Winery, Publik Wine Bar, House of Machines, Bocca, Tjing Tjing, Secret Gin Bar, the Reserve Wine Vault at the Taj and Twankey Bar at Mint.
Tuning The Vine Event Details
- When: 7th of October (Wednesday)
- Where: Town
- Time: 5:30pm – 9pm
- Tickets: R150 per person
- What: Each venue will sell wine by the glass and the bottle.
- More: The next event will be on the 11th of November and 9th of December.
Activities at Tuning the Vine
The #InnerCityWineRoute will offer a wide range of exciting wines to taste, food and wine pairing, wine crash courses, wine cocktails, wine tasting challenges, cellar talks, live music, sommelier guided tasting tours, wine-inspired tattoos and FUN!
The R150 ticket includes tastings, food and aperitifs (certain venues are doing set menu items, but they won’t be food pairings, with the exception of Tjing Tjing Tori who are actually doing a separate food and wine pairing at extra cost of R200), wine crash courses (Quick “How to” of wine and tasting from certain producers, Wine tasting challenges, Wine cocktail making courses and live music.
(CLOSED) Win Tickets to Tuning the Vine
To win a set of double tickets to attend Tuning the Vine, enter via Facebook or Twitter:
- Like the Boring Cape Town Chick Facebook Page
- Comment on the FB post, “Hey BCTC! Please give me and (@Friends Name) tickets to have some fine white wine at Tuning of the Vine! #InnerCityWineRoute
- Follow me on Twitter (@BoringCTChick)
- Share this post (make sure I’m tagged in the share so I know you qualify).
Good luck! Please read the competition t’s and c’s under the ‘WIN’ tab above. Winners will be announced by Monday the 4th of October.