Do you know world famous Burlesque dancer (and Marilyn Manson’s ex-wife) Dita Von Teese? Have you heard of the Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells festival? Do you know the Christina Aguilera Candy Man video?
You’re probably wondering WHAT ON EARTH these three things have in common? All three celebrate charming American pinup culture and the 3 values of the Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells festival: uniqueness, self-expression and creativity.
It’s now in it’s third year, the Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells Rockabilly Lifestyle Festival celebrates all things Rockabilly. Voted as one of the top 10 festivals to attend in the Western Cape, this festival is for ‘all those fun-luvin’ katz who want a break from the big city hustle and bustle for a day and step back to the 40’s & 50’s for a day’.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DUSTY REBELS AND THE BOMBSHELLS FESTIVAL
- Who: YOU!
- Where: West Coast Ostrich Ranch
- When: 14th of November 2015, from midday to midnight!
- Why: Something new, different & fun!
- What: Adults R200/R250 at online/at gate. Children R50.
Entertainment on the day includes the DRTB Dirt Track, a Pre ’63 car and motorcycles show, a Fashion show by selected vendors, a Fun Fair – swings, wheel and torpedo, Cape Town Rollergirls do a mini bout on the Harley-Davidson Tyger valley floor, dancing, games and the Miss Bombshell Betty Pin-up Pageant! MAC Cosmetics will be giving all the ladies a free line and lip make-up, Scar will be giving the ladies a quick 50’s up style. There will also be Burlesque shows on main stage from the Black Orchid Burlesque HQ and The Rouge Revue Burlesque Company.
Food includes the delicious El Burro truck, the Nob, the Baguette Bicycle (I think this is my favourite hotdog stand, the one with the pretzel rolls, YUM!), Jack Rabbit, Second Breakfast, Meisies Kitchen, Chip n Dip and Larhine Biltong. As well as the Jack Daniels bar and Braziliant coffee keeping our thirst quenched.
*Kiddies Area by Clamber Club with qualified child minders and games for kids.
There’ll also be live bands including Them Tornados, Martin Rocka And The Sick Shop, The Ratrod Cats, The Dixie Pricks, The Damned Crows, Medicine Boy, The Taros, Mr. Cat & the Jackal, Le Femme Fatales and Dan Valley & The Countrymen. DJ’s include JP Silver, Rockabilly Rythmn Radio and DJ Will Travel.
R200 Adults (+18yrs) online
R250 Adults At the gate
R50 Children 5 – 12yrs
R300 Overnight sleep over incl. entrance to festival (online)
R350 Overnight Sleep over incl. entrance to festival (at the gate)
So think red lipstick, gorgeous dresses, motorbikes, leather jackets, slick back hair, rock n roll and a whole lotta fun!
If you’d like to win tickets to the Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells Lifestyle Festival, enter via Facebook or Twitter:
- Join the Boring Cape Town Chick Facebook Page
- Post a picture of something vintage in the comment section below this post.
- Tell me about why it’s special to you.
- Leave your e-mail address so I can contact you if you win.
- Follow me @BoringCTChick and @DustyandB on Twitter.
- Tweet us a picture of something vintage and complete the sentence, “Hi @BoringCTChick & @DustyandB, this is my vintage that I got/was given to me/I bought….#BoringBombshell”
- Use the hashtag #BoringBombshell
Join the Dusty Rebels & The Bombshells Facebook page for further updates.