It’s heeerrreeee! And Twitter is blowing up! Naturally. American television streaming service has hit the shores of South Africa as of…last night! And if you want in, here’s how to set it up on your smart TV:
HOW TO SETUP NETFLIX ON A SMART TV
Luckily these clever little TV’s make it quite easy for us. Here’s how to do it step by step directly on the TV, no computer needed:
- Search for the App on your Smart TV & click INSTALL
2. Once installed, launch it.
3. Start Your Free Monthly trial (why pay for a month when you can test it out for free in the first place!).
4. Create an account that includes very simple information, name & password really.
5. Select your marketing preferences. I chose to join the mailing list as I want to know if they have new releases or special offers coming up. As long as they’re not phoning me, I’m happy!!
6. Choose your package. I selected 2 screens as I’d like to watch Netflix in HD. But if you only have a laptop or mobile, you could choose the lesser option. If you have a household with many TV’s, I’d recommend the 4 screens + HD.
7. Input your payment information. This is common for online services from abroad as well. They require you to put your info in and then cancel, opposed to only inputting them after the month’s trial. Makes sense because if you love the product you will just be ready to go and not have to go back and do the whole input mission again.
9. Welcome to Netflix! Use the search option to find something to watch – Derick is a Ricky Gervais show that I’ve wanted to watch for some time so I selected that. (Unfortunately they don’t have Made in Chelsea which is what I REALLY wanted to watch! It’s only available on the British version.)
10. Watch Netflix and ENJOY! One little tip – I’d watch your data. You’re streaming in HD now and that ain’t going to be cheap. I’m on an Afrihost 50gig (which means 100gig cause they’re awesome and give you free interwebs data all the time) and it works like a dream!