YOH! YOH! YOH! Now you must KNOW that burgers are serious business in our household. Mr John and I rant and rave to our friends about the best burgers around and boo and hiss at any poor burgers around. With Mr John only eating red meat, there are A LOT of burgers that go missing in our household. Think of pie eaters, except burger eaters when it comes to the two of us! And considering the famous Diesel Boy showed Mr John how to make braai burgers, we’re talking serious food love here.
CAPE TOWN’S BEST BURGERS
Our top 5 burger joints:
- Jerry’s – Park Road
- Royale and Jerry’s Park st win hands down with
- Clarke’s one essential cheeseburger in second place
- Hudsons in third
- and Rocomamas and
And let us not forget our faithful burgers on the go provided by McDonalds or Burger King!
We’re SERIOUS (and seriously fussy) burger eaters. So when I heard about the Cape Town Burger Festival, I was dead keen to attend! And with the festival landing on our 7 year anniversary, it seems like the perfect date!
CAPE TOWN BURGER FESTIVAL 2016
The Burger Festival will be held at the main rugby field of Jan Van Riebeeck High School, De Hoop Avenue Tamboerskloof, on the 13th and 14th of February 2016. Set in the heart of Cape Town this venue is at the foot of Lion’s head and looks up to the beautiful views of Table Mountain.
The event will showcase what Cape Town has to offer in the following categories:
- 25 Burger Vendors
- 10 Wine Estates
- 10 Craft Breweries
- 10 Artisan stands
- Live Entertainment (Natasha Meister, Cocolo, Carla Louw, Jonny Dose)
The Festival is an event celebrating the world of Burgers paired with the pleasures of various cocktails, wines, beers and entertainment on offer. Hosted by Flavourful Events who create unique premium experiences that combine the flavours, tastes, sights and sounds in the beautiful city of Cape Town, South Africa.
When: There are 4 Burger Festival sessions:
- Saturday 13 Feb 15:00 – 17:00
- Saturday 13 Feb 20:00 – 22:00
- Sunday 14 Feb 15:00 – 17:00
- Sunday 14 Feb 20:00 – 22:00
[CLOSED] WIN TICKETS TO THE CAPE TOWN BURGER FESTIVAL
1) Leave a Facebook comment on this FB post and tell me about your favourite type of burger and where to get it in Cape Town (or the world).
2) Like the Boring Cape Town Chick Facebook Page.
3) Click attending on the Cape Town Burger Festival 2016
4) Leave me an e-mail address so that I can contact you if you win!
1) Tweet me your favourite burger and where to get it.
2) Please use the hashtag #BurgerBoring
3) Follow Boring Cape Town Chick on Twitter
Leave a blog comment below tell me about your favourite South African design. Please leave an alternative e-mail address so that I can contact you should you win.
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THERE, YUM!