I once heard an inspirational quote of life lessons that included, “Never pass on a breath mint.” I’ve thought about this a LOT since hearing it!
We’re always getting the giggles at home because Mr John will (unconsciously) breathe out slowly (and generally) into my face which I HATE! He vapes so he always smells like candy, I just happen to be a bit of a breathe-o-phobe (like when someone walks past my desk chewing gum and I can smell the mint then I hate that the reality is that I’m actually smelling their breath!).
Look, it’s natural and there’s not much we can do about it, BUT, we can try our best to manage it. Sometimes, it can get really awkward though and Clorets SA is calling South Africans to participate in a new game that shares these awkward moments.
Breathe Out Proudly, For Longer – The Game
Clorets will be calling game-time on life’s awkward moments as it sets out to create Mzansi’s first limited edition board game this summer.
Breathe Out Proudly, For Longer – The Game, will be a culmination of SA’s best awkward moments that, when played, will embrace, tackle and eliminate all those awkward moments through a boost of confidence and laughter!
To create The Game, Clorets will need your help and they will be calling on you and fellow South Africans to share stories where you needed that extra bit of confidence to keep going.
Here’s How To Get Involved
- To participate tune into Hot FM, Algoa FM and Smile FM’s Breakfast Shows from the 18th to 22nd of November 2019.
- Hear top South African comedians Chris Forrest, Ndumiso Lindi and Glen Biderman-Pam share their stories on air.
- You can participate by submitting your own funny awkward story via Whatsapp voice note on 084 221 2919 (Hot FM), Telegram voice note on 0617 940 940 (Algoa FM) and on the Smile 90.4 FM app or via their SMS line on 35904. Data rates apply.
- Listeners who submit the best stories will stand a chance to win instant prizes worth R3000 per day.
You can also submit your stories in person by visiting the Clorets SA stands here:
- Soweto: 30 November 2019 – Soweto Comedy Festival
- Johanneburg: 13 – 15 December 2019 – Fourways Mall
- Pretoria: 22 – 24 November 2019 – Menlyn Mall
- Durban: 15 – 17 November 2019 – Gateway
- Cape Town: 29 November – 1 December 2019 – Cape Town Festival of Beer
Clorets SA Road Show
Also spreading the word and helping to collect more side-splitting stories for The Game are comedians Kurt Schoonraad and Dave Levinsohn who will be embarking on a comedy roadshow with Clorets.
The comedy roadshow kicks off on the 14th of November 2019 in Johannesburg and moves to Port Elizabeth, Knysna, Pringle Bay and Cape Town.
You can win tickets to their live shows by following the Clorets Facebook page and looking out for the competition post that will include further details.
Clorets SA Tour Dates
- 15 November 2019 at 20h00 – Protea Marine Hotel Venue in Port Elizabeth
- 16 November 2019 at 19h00 – Knysna Yacht Club in Knysna
- 18 November 2019 at 20h00 – Hangklip Hotel in Pringle Bay
- 20 November 2019 at 20h30 – Cape Town Comedy Club in Cape Town
“Clorets SA wants to enable people to show up and show off with that extra confidence in whatever moment they’re in. We also want to involve South Africans in the creation of this exciting game, because it will allow us to share a lot of human truths that we can all relate to.
We want to reassure South Africans that it’s okay to find themselves in those awkward moments and serve a reminder to everyone that with Clorets, you can help make it better.” says Nadia Matlala, Category Brand Manager for Gum at Mondelez.
About Clorets 40 Minutes
Clorets 40 Minutes, with its active ingredients of extra Actizol and Chlorophyll, is the only gum that not only masks bad breath, but eliminates it, helping you Breathe Out Proudly, For Longer.
Available nationwide in Green Mint and Eliminator.
T’s & C’s apply.