Wondering what fun things to do in the Mother City this summer? I’ll be updating this summer events 2016 list with new events (when I hear about them) that I think could be quite fun! Welcome back Summer, we’ve missed you! Here are a list of things to do in Cape Town this December 2015:
ADDICTSHUN (JHB) VS SYNW VS UNDERGROUND FREQUENCIES (Wednesday 9th)
Addictshun is Joburg’s Thursday night dnb party (much like It Came From the Jungle) and they’re heading to Cape Town this week. Partnering up with local event brand Underground Frequencies, Addictshun heads to the Asembly for a special edition of their Wednesday, weekly night for a session of rolling Drum and Bass.
- When: 9th of December 2015
- Where: The Assembly, Harrington Street, Cape Town
- What: Drum n Bass part/student night
- Time: 9pm
- Cost: R30 before 10pm, R40 thereafter.
21:00 – Tempo-Mental
22:00 – Oddnumbers
23:00 – RudeOne (Science Frikshun / Pressure.)
00:30 – Mr Green (JHB / Addictshun)
02:00 – Provan (UF) VS A-Type
WEEKEND 2: 11th – 13th December 2015
GABRIELSKLOOF FAVOURITE THINGS MARKET (Friday & Saturday 11th & 12th)
- When: 11th & 12th of December 2015
- Where: Gabrielskloof Wine Estate, Bot Rivier
- What: Market Place
- Time: Friday 5pm – 9pm. Saturday 11am – 9pm.
- Cost: Free
Warm your heart and start your Festive Season in high spirits with the Gabrielskloof Favourite Things Market. The annual market (outside Bot River) features all things handmade, homemade, creative, delicious, fresh and beautiful items. Every last product featured carries this wine and olive estate’s stamp of approval. Get your grapes, gourmet and glitz on with a dazzling treasure trove of jewellery added to this year’s colourful celebration. For more information contact Nicolene Finlayson at Tel: 028 284 9865.
JACK PAROW LIVE in Wellington (Friday, 11th)
5FM listeners voted for Jack Parow & Freshlyground to collaborate on the Sony Xperia Mashlab track. Soon after the track was released Parow hit the road. Jack Parow is no stranger to gooing a vet jol. Catch him this December in Wellington.
- When: 11th of December 2015
- Where: Die Watergat, Waterblommetjie Street 2, Wellington
- What: Market Place
- Time: Doors open at 7pm.
- Tickets: R100 online or R120 at the door (limited)
- Contact: Edward Bronkhorst – 0837292087
Day of Reconciliation – 16th December 2015
WEEKEND 3: 18th – 20th December 2015
SHORTSTRAW LIVE (Friday the 18th)
It seems Shortstraw loves the Mother City during December (no surprise there 😉 ) From their FB event, “There’s flippin no better place to be than ol Cape Town in December, hey? Come get sweaty with us and other rad, rad bands and also DJs. It will be the finest 18th of December you’re gonna have for a while. No doubt.”
- When: 18th of December 2015
- Where: The Assembly (Harrington street)
- What: Shortstraw, Al Bairre, Grassy Spark, Early Hours, Not Bad DJs
- Time: Doors open at 7pm.
- Tickets: R80 at the door or resold (skip the queue)
- Shortstraw & Al Bairre Facebook Event
WEEKEND 4: 25th – 27th December 2015
Christmas Day – 25th of December 2015
FRESHLYGROUND LIVE (Saturday, 26th)
- When: Saturday 26th December
- Where: Cape Farmhouse (M66 & M65, Redhill, Noordhoek, Cape Town)
- What: Freshly Ground Live in Concert
- Time: 1pm doors open, show at 3pm
- Tickets: R20 for kids, R60 for students, R100 for adults.
LOVE THING (Saturday 26th December)
- When: 26th of December 2015
- Where: The Bungalow, Clifton
- What: Brunch party
- Time: 2pm to late
- Love Thing 2015 Tickets: R400 per person
This boxing day Love Thing – born out of the global brunch party trend – will take place at The Bungalow in Clifton, Cape Town. Love Thing combines a gorgeous location with exceptional electronic music and gourmet food. The line up includes Israeli house DJ’s VNM (Viki and Nela) supported by local artists Richard Marshall, Ivan Turanjanin and Marc Algranti. VIP tables available, mail: email@example.com or call +27 (0) 79 511 4638. Join the Love Thing Facebook event for further updates.
ZEBRA & GIRAFFE LIVE (Sunday 27th December)
Zebra & Giraffe`s new EP “Slow Motion” was released this November. Known as one of South Africa`s finest rock acts, with two SAMA wins and more than 15 radio hits over the past 7 years, Zebra and Giraffe’s passion to move beyond what they’re known for musically is evident in the unpredictability of each new release. Fans can experience the new tunes live when Zebra & Giraffe hits the road in December to introduce the new EP. Catch them in Cape Town this December:
- Date: 27 December 2015
- Venue: Mercury (43 De Villiers Street, Zonnebloem, Cape Town CBD)
- Time: Show starts at 10pm
- Tickets: R60 pre-sale; R80 at the door
- Support Acts: Yorke
WEEKEND 1: 4th – 6th December 2015
Relaunch of Fiction (Friday the 4th)
- When: 4th of December 2015
- Where: Fiction (Corner of Long st & Buiten st)
- What: Club relaunch
- Time: Friday 9pm to 4am.
- Cost: R50
Cape Town’s oldest reigning DJ bar has recently been taken over by new owners. Much time, money and energy has been injected into one of the city’s corner stone venues for electronic music. This weekend it will be relaunching the venue with one of the biggest line up’s of the year with an array of electronic music genres for all tastes. No under 21’s are allowed and dress code is smart casual (no sandals, no vests).
Francois Van Coke & Heuwels Fantasties (4th December 2105)
King of Afrikaans rock, FRANCOIS VAN COKE and kings of Afrikaans electronic pop, DIE HEUWELS FANTASTIES are heading to the Assembly for a power filled double bill to kick off December 2015. Catch two of the countries biggest Afrikaans acts under one roof and rock the night away at the Assembly.
- Where: 61 Harrington Street
- When: 4th December 2015
- Time: Doors open at 9pm
- Ticket prices: Early bird: R100, normal R150 from Webtickets
Join the Francois Van Coke/Die Heuwelsfantasties Facebook event for further updates.
Waves Film Festival (Saturday the 5th)
The 12th Wavescape Festival consists of film, conservation and art events, and focuses on coastal community-building and ocean sustainability. This December, a free movie night will be held on Clifton 4th Beach and is presented by Wesgro Film and Media Promotion. While the film only starts at 9pm, they recommend you join early for sunset and to secure your spot. Enjoy this epic film screening under the African sky is an open-air theatre experience. Films being featured: The Wild, Searching Sirocco, Faroes and Psychic Migrations.
- When: 5th of December 2015
- Where: Clifton 4th Beach, Clifton
- What: Film screening
- Time: Saturday from 7pm, screening at 9pm.
- Cost: FREE
Sizzled Block Party (Sunday the 6th)
- When: 6th of December 2015
- Where: Under Nelson Mandela Boulevard (Old Marine Drive)
- What: Block Party
- Time: Sunday .
- Sizzled Tickets Cost: R80
Cape Town’s sizzling outdoor party, Sizzled, is back this December to bring you a day of fun in the sun. Sizzled has grown from strength to strength with great electronic music, amazing gourmet food and the integration of diverse cultures. Sizzled celebrates a rich multi-cultural heritage, social & dance experience; delivering fresh underground music including House, Deep House, Trap, Dubstep, Hip-Hop, Reggae & live performing bands.
WIN TICKETS TO SIZZLED (CLOSED)
To WIN a set of double tickets to Sizzled complete the following:
- Like the Boring Cape Town Chick Facebook Page or Follow BCTC on Twitter
- Write a comment under this Facebook post (or Tweet me) & tell me about your best ever block party.
- Click Attending on the Sizzled Facebook event.