Let’s drink gin for a good cause! Not that we need an excuse to drink decent gin, but it’s definitely worth looking into if we can help others. This October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and The Gin Box is right on time to make a difference. Jean Buckham, founder of The Gin Box says,
Fighting cancer is particularly relevant to me as my Dad passed away 16 years ago after battling this disease for 2 years. Our own family leaned on the support of incredible causes like these and for this reason, I feel very strongly that we need to support these initiatives.
Cancer is Close to Home
We all know someone who has been affected by cancer. First 3 stories straight off the top of my head:
1. My gran had breast, brain and lung cancer. Deep. I know. But guess what? SHE SURVIVED! What a legend. Thinking back, I don’t remember those days too clearly, as I was really small, but two things stand out to me.
- Fighting the cancer physically is one half of the “game”.
- Fighting it with your mentality is another.
Frankly, I think that’s the hardest part. How do you stay positive when you’re in pain and fighting for your life? Tough one.
2. My Mom and I went to the Mariah Carey concert together in Cape Town and hearing One Sweet Day, reminded me of a beautiful young boy in our small town who died of leukemia. Before he died he made it known that it was his favourite song and I never forgot it. (After the show my mom contacted his to let her know we still think of him when we hear the song, it meant a lot to her.)
3. Just this week my friend’s Dad got diagnosed with cancer. He’s an older gentleman, which I think makes the fight even harder. My heart really goes out to her because the next few months are going to be tough.
Let’s Make a Difference with the Gin Box
I know the nature of charity has changed over the years, with most of us too tired or too over saturated with beggars in the street to be motivated to make a difference (sad but true). But deep down, we do still actually want to make a difference in the world.
And we can. EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!
So buy this month’s limited edition pink drive Gin Box, drink to your girlfriends and be a part of assisting 3 worthy breast cancer charities: The Pink Drive, Breast Health Foundation and Reach for Recovery.
What’s Inside the Limited Edition Gin Box?
Breast Cancer Awareness Gin Box contains
- 50ml Musgrave Pink Gin
- Fitch & Leedes Pink Tonic
- Sweet Temptations Turkish Delight Toffee
- Ouhuis Rooibos Tea
- Sperlari alla Frutta nougat
- Gingerbon (my friend Chloe loves these & they are cool haha!)
- Comprehensive Distillers Notes
All couriered to your door for only R250!
My friend Luana and I tried the rose musgrave gin and pink tonic and it was DIVINE! PLEASE buy a box and let me know in the comment sections below why you did and why we need to beat cancer!
[Disclosure: I was not paid for this post, however, I was sent the Gin Box featured.]