The Mother City’s BIGGEST party, MCQP, is back! My bestie knows how much I love MCQP so my phone was blowing up last week when the Facebook page started becoming active again. The Mother City Queer Project is Cape Town’s biggest fancy dress party and they go ALL OUT! If you’ve never been to MCQP then you are missing out. Oh, and I should mention that it is a LGBTQ party, so if you have any issues with gay/transgender people then this party isn’t for you! (No, it’s not an orgy, it’s just one hella’ feel good costume party!
For all you judgarag people out there).
The theme for MCQP 2015 is CANDYLAND! Not sure what this is? Think Willy Wonka! Think Katy Perry’s California Girls! Think Haribo central! Cupcakes, pudding and sweeties, it’s a sweet heaven that will hit Cape Town on Saturday 19th December. MCQP is celebrating its 22nd birthday with an all-things-sweet theme at the East City Precinct of Harrington street this summer.
Gingerbreadman Director, Ian McMahon, says the team is ready to “lay the icing on thick” for this very special occasion.
“This year, we wanted to go back to memories from our youth, with bright colours, sweets, chocolates and all things sweet – all things nice as we whisk you away to a fantasy land of sugar delights” expect Turkish Delights, suckers, ice lollies and your fair share of sweetie pies at the event. I’m sure you’re set to see some real eye candy”
Visitors can expect a candy cane décorations, bright decadent costumes and 8 music areas spread out across various venues including the Assembly and Dragon Room – each with its own theme and music style.
With Table Mountain as the backdrop, partygoers can get dipped in the delights of 110 local and international musicians, including Dean Fuel, Jamie Saint, DJ Chadd, VJ Karl, DJ Cambis (Germany), Stuart Hillary of Jozi’s historic Therapy club fame. Cape Town’s 80’s guru Sam Roy and many more!
MCQP EVENT DETAILS
- Where: Harrington Street Precinct
- When: 19th of December 2015
- Why: MCQP 22nd Birthday
- Time: 5pm
- MCQP 2015 Tickets: Start from R350 (early bird). (Buy today & get R50 off!)
- No VIP, but 300 limited “Quality Street” tickets which includes an open bar ALL night & more. 12 Royal Sweets where groups get their own space for the entire grand performance. Each box holds 20 people.
Join the MCQP 2015 Candyland Facebook event for further updates. Competition coming soon!
[CLOSED] WIN TICKETS TO MCQP 2015
If you’d like to win a set of double tickets to MCQP 2015 then please complete the following:
- Liking the Boring Cape Town Chick Facebook Page or follow me on Twitter
- Click ATTENDING on the MCQP 2015 Facebook event
- Since MCQP is all about being respectful, happy and joyfull, please post a picture of a cute object that you have in your house that makes you DEAD HAPPY! And tell me why it makes you happy/tell me all about it.
- It can be a fluffy toy, an ornament, a picture. ANY object that makes you joyful, cheerful and happy! Post your picture under this post on the BCTC FB Page or tweet it to me on Twitter (make sure you follow me @BoringCTChick).